Abiquo is pleased to announce that Abiquo Enterprise Edition V2.2 is now available to download.
The Abiquo 2.2 release also includes a range of customer-led features designed to enhance the award-winning usability of the user interface, reduce complexity and improve the operational efficiency of running a private cloud environment. Highlight features of Abiquo version 2.2 include:
- Pluggable Storage: Abiquo has exposed its iSCSi storage architecture enabling users to create plugins for their iSCSi storage.
- Controlled infrastructure: Abiquo’s delegated administration capabilities can include one or more physical datacenters. This allows for controlled delegation of the physical infrastructure. It can include one or more Abiquo Enterprises allowing for the improved delegation of user or customer administration.
- Support for KVM on Centos 6: The Abiquo platform allows the use of Centos 6 on KVM cloud nodes. This version will use KVM 0.13 which allows customers to take advantage of improved features relating to IP throttling and security.
- Customisable design: The design of the Abiquo platform is customisable through its Branding Web Application which can create new branding themes for service providers or enterprises offering white label services. The application allows for a new branding theme to be created in minutes.
- Improved ESX integration:Abiquo support with VMWare technology includes:
- Improved ESX deployment efficiency
- Non-default port for vCenter communications
- Improved support for VMWare DRS and vMotion
- Support for DVD virtual hardware allowing for easy installation or upgrade of VMWare tools
- Selectable VNC keyboard mapping
- System disk resizing
- Improved reporting and billing: Abiquo has improved efficiency in how accounting data is stored to ensure faster and scalable billing and chargeback reporting.